|Tue, 12 Aug 2014|
Stars Cafe Open 6:00pm l Show Starts 7:30pm
|Purchase Tickets Online|
HURRY – Limited Tickets left call (07) 3810 6100 to book.
The most romantic opera of all time, La bohème appeals to devotees and newcomers alike.
On a snowy Christmas Eve a love affair begins between Mimi and her neighbour Rodolfo. We follow their youthful romance as it blossoms and falters, until Mimi dies in her poet’s arms in the most heart-rending final moments in all of opera.
Sung in Italian with projected English translations.
FREE Program Included, FREE Pre Show Entertainment, FREE Meet & Greet Post Show, FREE Pre Performance Talk in the Cunningham Room.
Project Puccini is supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland’s Playing Queensland Fund, and is also supported by the Graeme Wood Foundation.
Thank you for booking tickets and we look forward to seeing you at the Ipswich Civic Centre for the upcoming performance of “Opera Qld Puccini’s La Boheme” This promises to be another fantastic performance at the Ipswich Civic Centre, in keeping with the theme of the evening we have some special events taking place so please read through the details below to ensure you have a wonderful night.
We thought the following information might come in handy when planning for your visit:
- Performance is being held on Tuesday, 12 August 2014
- The performance will be held in the George Hogg Auditorium (Main Level of the Civic Centre) starting at 7:30pm
- Stars Café Bar will be open on the Terrace from 6.00pm (Main level) – Please see below for our special themed menu for the night.
- Themed Preshow Entertainment in the foyer from 6.15pm
- Pre Performance Talk in the Cunningham Room from 6.45pm (approx. 20 minutes duration)
- Doors to each performance will open 30 minutes prior to show start time.
- Please be advised that late arrivals will have to wait outside the auditorium for an appropriate break in the performance to be seated.
- Please note that whilst there are EFTPOS services for purchases at the Stars Café Bar there are NO “Cash Out” facilities in the Venue.
Just so you can be prepared for how the performance is scheduled to unfold I have included a brief run sheet for you below:
- Performance Duration is scheduled for 2 Hours and 15 Minutes (please note approx. times only)
- Doors Open – 30 minutes Prior to each performance
- 20 minute Interval
- Please note food and drinks purchased from the Stars Café Bar can be taken into the show however we do ask that you switch any glassware to the plastic ware provided at the doors.
- Merchandise may be available at this event , please note not all touring shows have EFTPOS so please bring cash to allow for these purchases.
- Please note that use of personal cameras, Professional Photography, Flash Photography or Videoing is not allowed inside the Auditorium.
This show is presented in the Raised Seating Plan - each of your tickets is marked with either Stalls, Raised Stalls or Gallery. If you have a stalls or Raised Stalls ticket you will be ushered through the main doors of the Auditorium on the foyer level, if you have a Gallery ticket then you will be ushered through the door on the upper level. Please note that a lift is now available to make your way around the venue a little easier.
If you have pre-purchased your tickets within 7 days of the performance and not received them in the mail then please see the Box Office on the night for collection of tickets.
Stars Café Bar:
The Stars Café Bar will be open 90 minutes before the show and we will have our ONE NIGHT ONLY MENUavailable with all of the options being priced at a very reasonable range as well as Hot and Cold Beverages' available.
Soupe à l'oignon française avec le pain grillé et crouisallants de parmesan
(French onion soup with toasted baguette and parmesan crisps)
Pâté de foie gras canard avec pain à l’huile de truffe, sel de mer, poivre concassé et pâté de coing
(Duck liver pate with truffle oil bread, bread, sea salt, cracked pepper and quince paste)
Tournedos Rossini sur un crouton à l’huile de truffe avec fois gras et une sauce aux champignons sauvages,
pommes au gratin et légumes de saison
(Eye fillet of beef on a truffle oil crouton with pate and wild mushroom sauce,
potatoes gratin and seasonal vegetables)
Truite meunière fini avec de beurre de noix et herbes fraîches
sur pommes au gratin et légumes de saison
(Fillets of trout finished with nut butter and fresh herbs on
potatoes gratin and seasonal vegetables)
(Baked vanilla cream with caramelised sugar)
Plateau de fromages avec des fruits secs, pâté de coing et des biscuits
(A selection of cheese with dried fruits, quince paste and crackers)
(EFTPOS facilities are available - No cash out)
There is full on street parking available on Limestone, Nicholas and South Streets Ipswich and after hours off-street parking is available at 45 Roderick Street, Ipswich (Council car park) and in Foote Lane (Council Car Park). There is also a drop off zone located just outside the entrance of the Civic Centre on Nicholas Street.
For more information to help you in “Getting Here” then please see our website: http://www.ipswichciviccentre.com.au/your-visit/getting-here/
If you have any special requirements for your seating or require a hearing loop please ensure you liaise with the Box Office staff upon arrival and we would be more than happy to assist.
On The Night:
If you need assistance, have ticketing enquiries or wish to purchase tickets to another upcoming show the Box Office is open from 1 hour prior to the show until interval, if you need to call the Ipswich Civic Centre on the night of a performance then please call (07) 3810 7751.