Wed, 21 Aug 2013 - 6:00pm - Sold Out!
Thu, 22 Aug 2013 - 10:30am (Schools) - Sold Out!
Thu, 22 Aug 2013 - 12:30pm (Schools) - Sold Out!
All Tickets $12.00
Grandma Poss made bush magic. She made Wombats blue and Kookaburra’s pink, Dingo’s smile and Emu’s Shrink, but the best magic of all was the “POSSUM MAGIC“, that made Baby Hush invisible.
First published in 1983 Possum Magic was an instant success with children and parents alike. In 1990 the musical stage adaptation had its world premiere, which was SOLD OUT before it opened. Since then Possum Magic – The Musical is now firmly established as the most successful musical for children and families EVER.
There have been three extensive national tours, funded by Playing Australia and countless shorter seasons across the nation. 2013 will mark the 30th Anniversary of publication and over 20 years on stage. Possum Magic – 2013 – will be the Final Farwell Tour and with the support of the publishers, it is bound to be the highlight of children’s theatre for the year.
Thank you for purchasing your tickets and we look forward to seeing you at the Ipswich Civic Centre for the upcoming performance of “ Possum Magic 2013 ” This promises to be another fantastic performance at the Ipswich Civic Centre.
We thought the following information might come in handy when planning for your visit:
- Performance is being held on Wednesday 21st August 2013
- The performance will be held in the George Hogg Auditorium (Main Level of the Civic Centre) starting at 6:00pm
- Stars Cafe Bar will be open on the Terrace from 4:30pm to the show start time (Main level)
- Doors to each performance will open 30 minutes prior to show start time.
- Please be advised that late arrivals will have to wait outside the auditorium for an appropriate break in the performance to be seated.
- Please note that whilst there is EFTPOS services for purchases at the Stars Café Bar there is NO “Cash Out” facilities in the Venue.
Just so you can be prepared for how the performance is scheduled to unfold I have included a brief run sheet for you below:
- Performance Duration is scheduled for 55 Minutes (please note approx. times only)
- Doors Open – 30 Minutes Prior to each performance
- Act 1 6:00pm – 6:55pm
- No Minute Interval
- Please note food and drinks purchased from the Stars Cafe Bar can be taken into the show however we do ask that you switch any glassware to the plastic ware provided at the doors.
- Merchandise may be available for purchase on the night however not all touring Merchandise teams have EFTpos so please bring cash to allow for these purchases.
- Please note that use of Personal Cameras, Professional Photography, Flash Photography or Videoing is not allowed inside the Auditorium.
This show is presented in the Raised Seating Plan - each of your tickets is marked with either Stalls, Raised Stalls or Gallery, if you have a Stalls or Raised Stalls ticket then you will be ushered through the doors on the main level and if you have a Gallery ticket you will be ushered through the door on the upper level. Please note that a lift is now available to make your way around the venue a little easier.
If you have pre purchased your tickets within 7 days of the performance and not received them in the mail then please see the Box Office on the night for collection of tickets, unless a show is marked Sold Out on the Website there will be tickets available at the door for purchase.
Stars Café Bar:
The Stars Café Bar will be open from 4:30pm and we will have a Special Menu available with all of the options being priced at a very reasonable range as well as Hot and Cold Beverages' available.
Light Meal Options
- Chicken Nuggets and Chips $5.50
- Hot Chips $4.50
- Sausage Roll $3.50
- Fish & Chips $9.50
- Vegetarian Filo, & Chips $9.50
- Soft Drinks / Juice /Bottled Water $3.50
(EFTPOS facilities are available - No cash out) Stars Café Bar will not be open Post Show.
There is full on street parking available on Limestone, Nicholas and South Streets Ipswich and after hours off-street parking is available at 45 Roderick Street, Ipswich (Council car park) and in Foote Lane (Council Car Park). There is also a drop off zone located just outside the entrance of the Civic Centre on Nicholas Street.
For more information to help you in “Getting Here” then please see our website: http://www.ipswichciviccentre.com.au/your-visit/getting-here/
If you have any special requirements for your seating or require a hearing loop please ensure you liaise with the Box Office staff upon arrival and we would be more than happy to assist.
On The Night:
If you need assistance or have ticketing enquiries on the night of a show the Box Office is open from 1 hour prior to the show until 15 minutes after the commencement of the show, if you need to call the Ipswich Civic Centre on the night of a performance then please call (07) 3810 7751.