It is Ipswich Civic Centre’s intention to ensure all our patrons get to experience our venue in a COVID safe and friendly manner. This has involved some changes to our normal practices, including changing the purchase options available for tickets. Tickets are available in either a Checkerboard formation or as Social Groups, with both options approved by Queensland Health.
For performances sold as Checkerboard, tickets are available in single, double, triple or quad based on a set setting plan, to ensure compliance with social distancing requirements. All seats in an identified section are required to be purchased. Patrons are able to select their seats at the time of purchase and an allocated seat ticket will be issued at the time of booking.
For performances sold as Social Groups, a General Admission ticket will be offered at the point of purchase, with venue staff allocating patrons to a specific seat based on the size of the group, date and time of booking and venue configuration. Such an approach will ensure compliance with current social distancing requirements. Patrons who purchased multiple tickets within the same financial transaction will be permitted to sit together.
For any ticketing queries prior to the day of the performance, please contact the ticket office on (07) 3810 6100 or email [email protected]
Queensland Health requires that Contact Tracing for all adults is recorded and held on file for 56 days. Patrons are requested to supply these details at time of purchase. Confirmation of these details will be conducted at the entry to the venue.
During the current COVID restrictions, Stars Bar will be open one hour prior to the scheduled performance time. Beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), snacks and confectionary items will be available for sale. Beverage and snack items are permitted inside the theatre to be consumed during the performance. We would ask that that any rubbish be disposed of in the bins provided.
* Hot food will not be available during current restrictions. This will be reviewed in 2021.
Seating will commence 30 minutes prior to the scheduled performance time.
For Ticket Holders in:
-Stalls or Raised Stalls seats 1 to 15, please enter through Door 1, located to the left hand side of the theatre on the foyer level.
– Stalls or Raised Stalls seats 16 to 30, please enter through Door 3, located to the right hand side of the theatre on the foyer level.
– Gallery seats 1 to 27, please enter through the main doors, located on level 2 using the staircases either side of the foyer or via the lift
Please have your tickets available for scanning when entering the theatre, either as a hard copy or on your mobile device. If you are unable to find your tickets, our box office can assist.
We wish to remind all patrons that Ipswich Civic Centre encourages contactless payment during this time.
*Artist merchandise sales may not have contactless payment options available. No cash out facilities are available on site.
Lift access is available to all three levels of the venue, including the lower level function rooms [Level G], the main theatre level [Level 1] and the Balcony [Level 2].
**Please note that under COVID-19 restrictions there is only 1 person permitted in the lift at any one time
Visit our Venue Accessibility page for more information
Ladies, gentlemen’s and disability amenities are located on both the theatre and lower ground foyers.
Ipswich Civic Centre is located at 50 Nicholas Street (corner of Limestone and Nicholas Streets) Ipswich.
Visit our Location page for more information
There are a limited number of on-site car parks available at the venue, while on-street (metered) parking available on surrounding streets.
Additional off-street after hours parking is available in Council’s car parks at 45 Roderick Street and in Foote Lane.
There is also a drop-off zone located outside the Civic Centre entrance on Nicholas Street.
Visit the Ipswich City Council Parking page for more information.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19 we are making changes to the way we operate to ensure we meet our obligations and requirements under the Queensland Live Performance, Venues / Theatres Industry COVID-Safe plan, to keep you, our audience, staff, artists and promoters as safe as possible.
At the Event/Performance:
- Patrons must not attend if they are sick or have been overseas or interstate in the previous fortnight.
- The Patron is responsible for having their ticket/s available on their phone or printed In hard copy, with the barcode/s clearly visible, for viewing/ scanning at the door
- Patrons may be asked health screening questions on arrival to the Venue.
- Patrons who are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms, or who have come into contact with anyone who is symptomatic or is a confirmed case, will not be able to attend the event. Patrons must advise the venue of the circumstances and the intention to not attend prior to the commencement of the performance to be entitled to a refund.
- Patrons agree to abide by all current social distancing and health protocols.
- Patrons agree to follow the instructions of Venue staff at all times.
- Patrons acknowledge that while the Venue has taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to keep the audience, staff and performers safe, patrons enter the Venue at their own risk without recourse to claim against the Venue regarding health outcomes.